COLUMBUS, Ohio –
Ohio State Official Press Release
Ohio State quarterback C.J. Stroud and wide receiver Marvin Harrison Jr. were each announced as finalists today for major national awards. Stroud is one of three finalists for the Maxwell Award, given to college football’s best player, and he is a finalist for the Davey O’Brien National Quarterback Award. Harrison Jr. is a finalist for the Biletnikoff Award.
The two join Tommy Eichenberg and Emeka Egbuka as awards finalists. Eichenberg is a finalist for the Lott IMPACT Trophy and Egbuka is a finalist for the Paul Hornung Award.
Stroud’s stats are terrific:
– He is 1st nationally in quarterback efficiency rating (176.25);
– He is tied for 1st with 37 touchdown passes;
– He also possesses Top 25 rankings in passing yards (13th – 3,340), passing yards per game (17th – 278.3), yards per completion (6th – 14.2), yards per attempt (4th – 9.41) and completion percentage (23rd – 66.2 pct.);
– Completed 70.4 percent of his passes for 926 yards and five TDs in three games this season vs. AP Top 25 teams (Notre Dame, Penn State and Michigan);
– Had five 300-yard games this season;
– Threw three or more TDs in six of 12 games;
– Was a three-time Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week;
– Leading contender to be named Big Ten’s Offensive Player of the Year and Quarterback of the Year for the second consecutive year;
– Two-time Maxwell Award National Player of the Week; and
– Is the first QB in Big Ten history to have back-to-back seasons with 30 or more touchdown passes
Harrison, who is vying to become Ohio State’s first Biletnikoff Award winner since 1995, also possesses outstanding stats:
– He is tied for 3rd nationally with 12 touchdown receptions;
– He is 8th with 1,157 receiving yards;
– He is 9th with 96.4 yards per game;
– He is 17th with 72 receptions;
– He is tied for 21s with 6.0 receptions per game; and
– He has a teammate, Emeka Egbuka, who ranks in the national Top 20 in both TD receptions and yards, making Ohio State one of three teams (Washington and Arizona State) with two Top-20 caliber receivers.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cleveland Guardians Power Up with Addition of Josh Bell on
- Crunch win a weekend sweep in their home opener! on
- Cleveland Guardians Announce Progressive Field Renovation Projects on
- Donovan Mitchell Selected as All-Star Starter for 2023 NBA All-Star Game on
- Cavs Trade for Donovan Mitchell: Set up as a Force to Be Reckoned with in the East on