The Indians have lost a player in Thursday’s Rule 5 MLB Draft, as the Oakland A’s have selected outfielder Ka’ai Tom off the list of available players.
Tom was a 5th round selection of the Tribe back in the 2015 MLB June Amateur Draft from University of Kentucky.
The 5-9, 190 pound outfielder played his high school ball in Honolulu, HI before being drafted by the Indians.
Two seasons ago playing in AA Akron Tom was impressive, hitting .285 with 14 homers and 42 runs batted in playing in 81 games.
He made the move to AAA Columbus, and was solid there as well, hitting .298 in 51 games with 9 homers and 44 RBI.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns Coach Kevin Stefanski Set to Return for Divisional Game in Kansas City on
- Cavs trade Thomas, Frye and first-round pick to Lakers on
- Indians Decline 2018 Team Option on Relief Pitcher Boone Logan on
- Cavaliers Make Signing of Guard Deron Williams Official on
- Indians Reported to be in Talks for Milwaukee C Jonathan Lucroy on