CLEVELAND – The AHL’s defending Calder Cup Champions, the Cleveland Monsters, announced Friday that the NHL’s Columbus Blue Jackets assigned defenseman Scott Harrington to Cleveland for the purpose of conditioning. Additionally, goaltender Michael Houser signed an AHL standard player contract (SPC) with the Monsters on Friday.
A 6’2”, 219 lb. left-handed blue-liner from Kingston, ON, Harrington registered 0-1-1 with eight penalty minutes in 25 NHL appearances for the Pittsburgh Penguins and Toronto Maple Leafs spanning parts of the past two seasons.
Houser, a 6’2″, 192 lb. fifth year pro from Youngstown, OH, posted a combined record of 32-26-5 with three shutouts, a 2.88 goals-against average and a .901 save percentage in 71 combined AHL appearances for San Antonio Rampage and Ontario Reign over the past few seasons.
Looking forward to seeing how these additions will effect the team and their success as they face off tonight against the Rockford Icehogs at Quicken Loans Arena. There is a pregame party for fans to attend before the game and the puck drops at 7pm.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on
- High School Playoff Football Preview: Chardon Takes On New Philadelphia in Regional Matchup on
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on