The Browns have begun their prep for the Tennessee Titans this Sunday at First Energy Stadium, and the biggest question on the docket for the team is a simple one.
Who is going to line up under center Sunday?
The team has to have a careful ‘wait and see’ approach with starter Josh McCown, who continues to be in the concussion protocol program after leaving Sunday’s game against the Jets in the first quarter.
Wednesday coach Mike Pettine said McCown is making progress but “we won’t know status until he’s fully cleared to return.” The coach said that it’s his understanding earliest McCown could practice is Friday and that the team will be prepared either way.
While McCown is in serious doubt, the team also has to wonder about Johnny Manziel.
Yes Manziel came out of Sunday’s loss to the Jets for the most part healthy, Pettine said today that the QB will be limited in individual drills due to the soreness in his right elbow.
Despite that, Manziel should be a full go when it comes to taking part in team periods.
The current third-string QB, Austin Davis, was inactive for Sunday’s opener in New Jersey. Pettine said that just in case, the former Rams QB will get some reps with first team this week.
“He’ll be prepared,” Pettine said.
Just another day of quarterback questions in Berea.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on
- High School Playoff Football Preview: Chardon Takes On New Philadelphia in Regional Matchup on
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on