It wasn’t long after Larry Nance Jr. was traded to Cleveland that many fans were wondering if he would don his father’s retired number twenty-two jersey that he wore while with the Cavs. Of course the problem there was the fact that it was retired and as a result, no player could ever wear it. Luckily, the Nance family along with the Cavaliers organization worked it out with the NBA that Nance Jr. could wear his father’s number in a very exclusive exception.
In Sunday’s afternoon game against the Spurs, Nance Jr. will finally put on the family number.
— Cleveland Cavaliers (@cavs) February 25, 2018
Nance Jr. didn’t expect to have the jersey ready so soon, saying last week that he thought the new threads would be in late next week. However, timing allowed the jersey to arrive sooner and now he’ll have the privilege of rocking it for the first time inside Quicken Loans Arena.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cleveland Browns: 15 Greatest Moments In History on
- LeBron James officially signs contract with Lakers on
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on