CLEVELAND – The Indians had their sights set on Jonathan Lucroy, but the catcher, much to the anger of Indians fans, declined to come to the Tribe on Sunday when he vetoed their trade offer to the Brewers.
Things got even worse in the situation on Monday when Lucroy went to an American League team that very well may end up facing the Tribe in the postseason if things stay as they are – the Texas Rangers.
After saying ‘no’ to the Indians on Sunday, Lucroy seemed more than happy to get dealt to the Rangers (who were not on his no-trade clause list) and said as much Monday afternoon with a tweet excited about the news.
Now, moving on to the @Rangers let's take this bad boy to the 'ship! Really excited and can't wait to get after it!
— Jonathan Lucroy (@JLucroy20) August 1, 2016
It’s a tweet that further drives the stake into the heart of Indians fans, who were giddy about the prospect of getting both Lucroy and Yankees relief pitcher Andrew Miller, but instead will have to settle for Miller, who is in Cleveland and is available for action against the Twins tonight.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Kyrie Irving’s Impact with the Cleveland Cavaliers on
- Cleveland Cavaliers Exceeded Expectations this Season, What’s Needed in the Offseason on
- Is There Really An Appetite For The NFL In The UK? on
- Cleveland SC Hires New Coach Vlad Muresan on
- 2022 May Be Make Or Break For Browns Head Coach Kevin Stefanksi on