CLEVELAND – The Indians have made a pitching change for tonight’s first of three against the Detroit Tigers at Comerica Park, as they will not have their reigning Cy Young Award Winner on the mound.
Corey Kluber has been scratched from his start tonight against Detroit due to a right hamstring strain. The Indians announced he is expected to pitch again this season.
Taking Kluber’s place tonight is Josh Tomlin, who is 3-1 with a 3.08 ERA this season. In his last start on Sunday at home vs the Angels he went seven innings, allowing two runs on six hits with no walks and eight strikeouts.
Here’s the updated pitching matchups for the weekend for the Indians and Tigers.
Fri September 4 @ Detroit, 7:08PM, SportsTime Ohio/WTAM/WMMS/IRN
RHP Josh Tomlin vs. LHP Kyle Lobstein
Sat September 5 @ Detroit, 7:08PM, SportsTime Ohio/WTAM/WMMS/IRN
RHP Danny Salazar vs. RHP Alfredo Simon
Sun September 6 @ Detroit, 1:08PM, SportsTime Ohio/WTAM/WMMS/IRN
TBD vs. RHP Justin Verlander
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on
- High School Playoff Football Preview: Chardon Takes On New Philadelphia in Regional Matchup on
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on