It was another big month for Indians third baseman José Ramírez, and today he was named the American League Player of the Month for July.
Ramírez hit .322 (29-90) in July, and led everyone in the Majors with 11 steals. He also was tied for second in RBI (25) and in extra-base hits (18).
Ramírez is currently tied for first place in the league in stolen bases with Seattle’s Dee Gordon (25) and in home runs with Boston’s J.D. Martínez (32).
Ramírez is the third player in Indians franchise history to hit 30 homers and steal 25 bases in a season, joining Joe Carter in 1987 (32HR, 31SB) and Grady Sizemore in 2008 (33HR, 38SB).
This marks Ramírez’s first time as Player of the Month and the team’s second Player of the Month this season (Francisco Lindor, May).
The last time the Tribe had two Players of the Month during the same season was 1995 (Albert Belle, Manny Ramirez).
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on