LeBron talks about needing to stay committed to his regimen to keep his output up pic.twitter.com/HJkRVpRvUS
— Ashley Bastock (@AshleyBastock42) March 20, 2018
2. Just another night at the office
LeBron James had another otherworldly performance, absolutely dominating with his 16th triple-double of the year behind 40 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists.
In the third quarter, he went off scoring 17 points, including 10 points in a row to give the Cavs an 86-80 lead.
While he went 3-of-7 from behind the 3-point arc, Drew said after the game that James getting into the paint really helped the Cavs in the long run.
“He was really good at attacking the basket tonight,” Drew said. “I thought he did a phenomenal job in getting to the basket and that forced their defense to suck in a little bit. He found our guys on the perimeter. But overall, I just thought he played a fantastic game.”
James has of course been on a tear lately, averaging 30 points, 10.3 rebound and 9.1 assists in the month of March. He also averaged a triple-double for the entire month of February. James said that while he can’t always make shots, there are plenty of other ways he can get involved.
“Stay committed to my regimen,” James said. “I’m not going to make shots every night, but what I do know is I’m going to do other things if I don’t make shots. I’m going to get my guys involved, I’m going to rebound, defend, take a charge here and there if the opportunity presents itself, block shots and get steals.
“I can always figure out a way to be a threat on the floor, even if I’m not scoring.”
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cleveland Browns: 15 Greatest Moments In History on
- LeBron James officially signs contract with Lakers on
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on