CLEVELAND – With things getting closer to the playoffs by the day, the Indians roster might not be completely done in terms of what it’s going to look like October 5th (the likely date for the playoff opener).
Many felt that the Indians should have done more at the trade deadline than just trading for Detroit Tigers outfielder Leonys Martin and minor leaguer Oscar Mercado.
There’s a thought that the Indians have been successful the last two seasons grabbing an outfielder during the month of August (Jay Bruce 2017, Coco Crisp 2016), so why not go out and make another move for a bat?
As the month moves along more names might get added to the list as teams drop out of the races in both the AL and NL, but for now here’s a couple names that might help the Tribe should they look to make a deal of some sort.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on