Two Greater Cleveland Conference (GCC) teams, Medina Bees and Brunswick Blue Devils with high hopes this season, but 0-1 starts for both teams, will face off in Week 2 of the high school football season at the Brunswick Auto Mart Stadium.
Medina in their Week 1 matchup lost to Mentor 37-19
The Bees’ offense went toe-to-toe with the Cardinals’ in the first half. Wide receiver Luke Hensley caught two of Medina’s quarterback Drew Allar’s three touchdown passes.
Unfortunately, Allar rolled his ankle before the end of the first half. He did not play in the second half as Medina was shut out for the remainder of the game.
The question for Medina is how healthy is Allar coming to this game, Bees coach Larry Laird was confident after the Mentor game that Allar’s injury is nothing to worry about.
Brunswick, last week lost to Euclid 14-7. The problem for them were errors on the offensive end. One example being a score by Jake Scherette that was voided by a penalty and missing a field goal.
Despite the mistakes on the offensive end, the defense held the Panthers to 14 points in the entire game. One touchdown being a 51-yard touchdown pass. The other being a touchdown run on a short field after an Euclid intercepted the ball and took it to the 4-yard line.
No matter who wins in Brunswick. One team will get their season back on track, but the other, however, will start their season off 0-2 in a shortened 6-week regular season.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns New Coach Kevin Stefanski Allowing a Fan to Script 15 Plays in a Game for Charity on
- HS Football: St. Ignatius Rolls Past Columbus Bishop Sycamore 33-6 In Season Opener on
- Browns Struggle in all Facets of the Game on
- HS Football Preview Week Three: Euclid Travels to Cleveland Heights to Take on the Tigers on
- Vote for the Week Two 2020 NEOSI High School Football Player of the Week on