Westlake Boys Varsity Bowling beat Lakewood High School 3129-2818 in GCIBL competition at Buckeye Lanes on December 9.
The team had an all-around strong effort, led by freshman Andrew Bodi who bowled games of 189, 191 and 225 for a 605 series. Close behind was junior Mitch Cusick with a 595 series (194, 189, 212).
Scoring was rounded out with sophomore Vinny Corrado – 571 (199, 181, 191), sophomore Kevin Mayle – 541 (200, 155, 186) and sophomore Nick Mayle – 476 (130, 176, 170). The Demons rolled Baker games of 171 and 170 for the final tally.
With the victory, the Demons move to 3-1 on the season, tied for 1st place in GCIBL Division 1. Next up is the Eagle Challenge tournament at Buckeye Lanes on December 10. Westlake returns to GCIBL competition on December 16th against Olmsted Falls at Game of Wickliffe.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Kyrie Irving’s Impact with the Cleveland Cavaliers on
- Cleveland Cavaliers Exceeded Expectations this Season, What’s Needed in the Offseason on
- Is There Really An Appetite For The NFL In The UK? on
- Cleveland SC Hires New Coach Vlad Muresan on
- 2022 May Be Make Or Break For Browns Head Coach Kevin Stefanksi on