The Browns didn’t bring back safety Tashaun Gipson after he played four seasons with the team from 2012 to 2015 and moved on as a free agent to Jacksonville last season, but evidently he may have just broken some news about his former team.
Gipson tweeted out the following – which seems to point about some coaching news about the Browns.
Cleveland got a legit one! Congrats coach Walk!! Major!!
— Tashaun J. Gipson SR (@Gipson_duos24) January 13, 2017
So who is Gipson referencing in his tweet? From all indications, it’s DeWayne Walker, who would come to the brown and orange as the teams’ new defensive backs coach.
The Browns fired Louie Cioffi as defensive backs coach on Tuesday, along with four other coaches on the staff. They also fired defensive coordinator Ray Horton over last weekend.
Walker coming to the Browns makes sense as he spent two years with new Defensive coordinator Gregg Williams in Washington with the Redskins.
The 56-year-old Walker started his coaching career in 1988, and his stops have included places like UCLA, USC, New Mexico State, the Patriots, Giants, and as mentioned the Redskins.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns Coach Kevin Stefanski Set to Return for Divisional Game in Kansas City on
- Cavs trade Thomas, Frye and first-round pick to Lakers on
- Indians Decline 2018 Team Option on Relief Pitcher Boone Logan on
- Cavaliers Make Signing of Guard Deron Williams Official on
- Indians Reported to be in Talks for Milwaukee C Jonathan Lucroy on