Remember last year when the Cleveland Indians were on the cover of Sports Illustrated, picked to win the World Series?
Or how an ESPN article picked them to win the American League?
It’s happening again. Somewhat.
An ESPN staff writer, Christiana Kahrl, says the Tribe has the best starting rotation in baseball.
Here’s an excerpt from the article:
“If you were debating which team had the best rotation in baseball last season, you might have mulled the merits of the Mets versus the Nationals or speculated that the Cardinals had something special. This season, those teams’ rotations are all still formidable. St. Louis lost John Lackey but gets Adam Wainwright back. And by adding Lackey, the Cubs inserted their imposing unit into the mix.
But the rotation with the stuff to be baseball’s best in 2016, in the American League, at least, and perhaps in all of baseball? It ain’t any of those teams. It belongs to the Cleveland Indians.
Respectfully, ESPN. Thanks, but no thanks. We don’t need you adding on to the curse. It’s not you. It’s us.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Kyrie Irving’s Impact with the Cleveland Cavaliers on
- Cleveland Cavaliers Exceeded Expectations this Season, What’s Needed in the Offseason on
- Is There Really An Appetite For The NFL In The UK? on
- Cleveland SC Hires New Coach Vlad Muresan on
- 2022 May Be Make Or Break For Browns Head Coach Kevin Stefanksi on