Stenlund appeared in four NHL games for Columbus, logged 33 AHL games for Cleveland this year
CLEVELAND – The AHL’s Cleveland Monsters announced Sunday that the team’s NHL affiliate, the Columbus Blue Jackets, assigned forward Kevin Stenlund to the Monsters. A 6’4”, 210 lb. right-handed native of Huddinge, Sweden, Stenlund, 22, was selected by Columbus in the second round (58th overall) of the 2015 NHL Entry Draft and appeared in four games for the Blue Jackets this season, notching four penalty minutes in the first NHL action of his career.
In 33 appearances for Cleveland this season, Stenlund contributed 9-7-16 with ten penalty minutes and a -8 rating. In 40 career AHL appearances, all for the Monsters, spanning the past two seasons, Stenlund notched 9-9-18 with 14 penalty minutes and a -9 rating. In parts of four SHL seasons with HV71 from 2014-18, Stenlund supplied 22-23-45 with 66 penalty minutes and a +4 rating.
Next up for the Monsters, it’s a Wednesday home clash vs. the Toronto Marlies with full coverage, live from The Q, underway at 7:00 pm on Alt 99.1, AHLTV and the Monsters Hockey Network.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Your Chance To Ask Hulk Hogan A Question! on
- HS Football: Orrville Holds Off A Late Comeback Attempt To Defeat Fairview 35-30 on
- HS Football: Firelands Takes Home Impressing Homecoming Win Over Oberlin 51-0 on
- Top 25 Most Popular Cleveland Indians Players of All-Time on
- Tribe Sweeps White Sox with 5-4 Come from Behind Win on