CLEVELAND STATE (5-8, 0-0 HL) at OAKLAND (8-5, 0-0 HL)
Saturday, January 2 | 3:00 pm ET | Athletics Center O’rena | Rochester, Mich.
• Cleveland State opens Horizon League play when the Vikings travel to Oakland for a 3:00 pm contest on Saturday (Jan. 2).
• CSU will be opening Horizon League play on the road for the sixth time in the last seven years.
• The Vikings are 5-8 overall and have won three of their last four games, including a 77-37 win over Cedarville on Tuesday (Dec. 29).
• Saturday’s game will be broadcast on AM 1420 WHK with Al Pawlowski providing the play-by-play.
• The Golden Grizzlies are 8-5 this year and are coming off a 71-58 setback at No. 5 Virginia on Wednesday (Dec. 30).
THE OAKLAND SERIES:
• Cleveland State leads the all-time series with Oakland, 6-1. The series began in 1999-00 with CSU winning the first six meetings.
• Oakland won the last meeting, 59-56, in Rochester last year after the Vikings earned a 65-61 win in Cleveland last season.
• CSU is 2-1 all-time in Oakland, while head coach Gary Waters is 4-1 all-time against the Golden Grizzlies.
GAME 13 RECAP – @CSU 77, CEDARVILLE 37 (12/29/2015)
• CSU improved to 5-8 and won for the third time in the last four games with a 77-37 victory over Cedarville.
• Rob Edwards set career-highs in points (21) and rebounds (9), hitting 5-of-5 from three-point. He became just the second player in school history to be perfect from three-point with a minimum of five attempts.
• Kenny Carpenter added 13 points and a career-high nine assists, while Daniel Levitt had career-highs in points (11) and rebounds (7) and Jibri Blountfinished with 10 points, five rebounds and three steals.
• Saturday’s game will be the 22nd Horizon League opener and 32nd league opener for CSU.
• CSU is 9-12 in Horizon League openers and 16-15 in overall league openers.
• The 2015-16 season marks the sixth time in the last seven years that CSU will open League play on the road. Last year was the only time in the last seven years CSU opened the league slate at home.
• CSU concludes its two-game swing in Michigan with a 7:30 pm contest at Detroit on Monday night (Jan. 4).
• The Vikings host their first League game of the season on Thursday (Jan. 7) when CSU welcomes Green Bay to the Wolstein Center for a 7:30 pm contest.