LITTLE CAESARS HORIZON LEAGUE MEN’S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP
#9 CLEVELAND STATE (9-22) vs. #4 GREEN BAY (19-12)
Saturday, March 5, 2016 | 12:00 pm ET | Joe Louis Arena | Detroit, Mich.
• Ninth-seeded Cleveland State opens play in the Little Caesars Horizon League Championship with a first round game against fourth-seeded Green Bay on Saturday (March 5) at 12:00 pm.
• The League tournament will be played at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, Mich., the first time since 2002 that the tournament will be contested at a neutral site.
• CSU concluded the regular season at 9-22 overall and 4-14 in the Horizon League.
• Green Bay went 19-12 overall and 11-7 in the League.
• Saturday’s game will be broadcast live on AM 1220-WHKW with Al Pawlowski providing the play-by-play.
• The game will be live on ESPN3 with Will Haskett providing the play-by-play and David Kaplan serving as the analyst.
THE GREEN BAY SERIES:
• Green Bay leads the all-time series with CSU, 43-29.
• The Phoenix won both meetings this year, 87-67, on Jan. 7 in the Wolstein Center and 78-61 on Feb. 22 in Green Bay.
• CSU is 1-1 against Green Bay in the Horizon League tournament.
• CSU lost in the first round at Green Bay in the 2007 tournament and defeated the Phoenix in the 2009 semfinals at Butler.
• The winner of Saturday’s first round game advances to the second round to play the winner of Saturday’s first round game between No. 5 Milwaukee and No. 8 Northern Kentucky on Sunday (March 6) at 1:00 pm at Joe Louis Arena.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.