CLEVELAND, Ohio- The news broke early Thursday morning that the Cleveland Indians’ home of Progressive Field will be playing host to the 2019 MLB All-Star Game.
This is the first time that the Indians have had the All-Star Game since 1997, a game where the Indians own Sandy Alomar won the MVP of the Midsummer Classic. This is the sixth time that the Indians have had the game, the most out of any MLB franchise. This news also snap the streak of the National League ruling the home-field aspect of the game, as they have hosted the last four games.
The Indians will hold a press conference on Friday to officially announce the exciting news.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on
- Cleveland Cavaliers Still Rebuilding The Team on
- Your Chance To Ask Hulk Hogan A Question! on
- HS Football: Orrville Holds Off A Late Comeback Attempt To Defeat Fairview 35-30 on
- HS Football: Firelands Takes Home Impressing Homecoming Win Over Oberlin 51-0 on