CLEVELAND– Sometimes, you just have to find a way to grind out a win.
That’s exactly what the Cavaliers did on Saturday night as they topped the Philadelphia 76ers, 105-98. It was their second win over the Sixers this season.
The Cavs had a long Friday night after their game in Indiana. Due to a flight delay, the team didn’t arrive home until early Saturday morning, and it looked like fans at The Q on Saturday were going to be in for a long night.
But despite the sloppy start that saw the Cavs down by as many as 11 in the first quarter, they found a way to fight back down the stretch.
“These are games that you might normally lose coming off a back-to-back like last night and the tough travel,” head coach Tyronn Lue said. “I thought we did a good job just grinding through it and facing the adversity we had.”
Lue: says the Cavs ground their way to a win pic.twitter.com/nF4gwL28k2
— Ashley Bastock (@AshleyBastock42) December 10, 2017
Here are three takeaways from the gritty win.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Deshaun Watson Suspended Six Games on
- Deshaun Watson has Decided he will Accept the Opportunity to be the Quarterback for the Cleveland Browns on
- Will Benson Makes His Debut With The Cleveland Guardians on
- College Sports Betting: How Massachusetts Legalization Compares To Ohio on
- Is Ohio Sports Betting Legal? on