CLEVELAND – The first two games of a critical three-game set for the Indians against the first-place Minnesota Twins have not gone quite as planned.
Friday night the team held a 3-1 lead into the seventh inning, but a huge error by reliever Nick Goody opened the door for the Twins to eventually push three runs across in an eventual 5-3 win.
Last night it was ‘Indian Killer’ Max Kepler at it again, hitting a pair of homers against his all-time favorite pitcher Trevor Bauer (he’s hit four career bombs in four at bats against him) as the Twins beat the Tribe 6-2.
Today it’s All-Star game MVP Shane Bieber going for the Indians, he’ll have a tough task ahead of him as he will go up against fellow AL All_Star Jose Berrios, who beat the Tribe on opening day in Target Field.
After today’s game the Indians will host the Tigers for four before a weekend series with the Royals, but it sure would look better going into the Tigers series down 6.5 games instead of 8.5
Here’s today’s starting nine for the Indians:
SS Francisco Lindor
2B Jason Kipnis
DH Carlos Santana
1B Bobby Bradley
3B Jose Ramirez
LF Jake Bauers
CF Greg Allen
C Kevin Plawecki
RF Tyler Naquin
Here is the Twins Lineup:
LF Max Kepler
SS Jorge Polanco
DH Nelson Cruz
3B Luis Arrraez
C Mitch Garver
LF Marwin Gonzalez
1B Miguel Sano
RF Jake Cave
2B Jonathan Schoop
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on