Legendary baseball writer Peter Gammons showed some love to the Cleveland Indians in his Monday morning column, and one of the most interesting tidbits of the column came when Gammons quoted an anonymous American League manager.
If you were to ask, ‘what American League team would best match up with the Giants or Cubs in the world series,” said one American League manager, “I think the majority of those of us watching them from the opposing dugout would say the Indians. They have the great starting pitching, and that starting pitching is really deep.”
The Indians are rolling and the rest of the league is on notice.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on