by Michael Rogers
It will be a challenging year for the Browns, but they could compete for a wild card spot. The offense and defense will be much improved and Cincinnati/Baltimore shouldn’t be as good as they’ve been in past years. If the Browns can finish 2nd in the AFC North they have a great chance of getting a wild card slot.
Here are five keys to them to make the 2018 playoffs.
1. Adequate QB Play
The quarterback position is the most important position in all of professional sports. The additions of Tyrod Taylor and Baker Mayfield should solidify the position and having Drew Stanton as a mentor to Mayfield is a huge plus. Taylor averaged 17 touchdowns and 4.5 interceptions in his three years in Buffalo. I expect him to have better numbers with a more talented offense around him but even if he simply hits his averages, then the Browns will be in good hands.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns New Coach Kevin Stefanski Allowing a Fan to Script 15 Plays in a Game for Charity on
- HS Football: St. Ignatius Rolls Past Columbus Bishop Sycamore 33-6 In Season Opener on
- Browns Struggle in all Facets of the Game on
- HS Football Preview Week Three: Euclid Travels to Cleveland Heights to Take on the Tigers on
- Vote for the Week Two 2020 NEOSI High School Football Player of the Week on