Tears flowed easy last Wednesday night into Thursday morning as Indians fans endured the heartbreak of a game seven home loss to the Chicago Cubs in the 2016 World Series at Progressive Field.
It was a tough way to end what was a magical season, filled with so many memories as well as achievements as the team basically came out of the nowhere to win the hearts of fans everywhere as they trampled through the American League to make it to the Fall Classic.
Cleveland fans know all too well about the heartbreak that goes along with their sports teams falling in title rounds or big games. Despite the Cavs finally ending the title drought in June, fans are still craving more, and it looked like they would get it with the Tribe last week.
Today we take a look at a tough topic for most, that is the heartbreak of being a Cleveland sports fans. You may agree with these, or there may be even more on the list, but here goes the ‘Top 5 All-Time Cleveland Sports Heartbreaks.’
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on
- High School Playoff Football Preview: Chardon Takes On New Philadelphia in Regional Matchup on
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on