CLEVELAND– The Cleveland Cavaliers had their annual intrasquad scrimmage on Monday night at Quicken Loans Arena.
The Gold team, filled with the second unit players won over the Wine team (aka the starters); however, there is some discrepancy on what the score actually was, as the scoreboard said 58-56 and the media monitors said 63-49.
The scrimmage allowed head coach Tyronn Lue to get a look at different line-ups, but without LeBron James, who is still nursing an ankle injury that he suffered last week during training camp.
While the scrimmage provided a rough look at how line-ups could shake out, the most news was made after the game. Here are our three takeaways from the Wine and Gold scrimmage.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on