The Cleveland Indians are entering the new year with plenty of aspirations.
They want to contend in 2020.
They also have a marquee player in Francisco Lindor, one they believe they can’t afford and therefore don’t want to lose for nothing, instead netting out the most value they can get via trade. Despite initially insisting they prefer not to move him, reports indicate trade talks are starting to heat up.
To many, the idea of Cleveland contending in 2020 goes out the window the second the trigger is pulled on a trade of Lindor. It doesn’t have to be that way, though. The Indians can still aspire to win the AL Central this season even if they part with their franchise player.
Of course, this is dependent on one key stipulation – a trade of Lindor can’t be their only big move of the winter.
Click HERE to Continue Reading!
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Second Half Outlook: Can the Guardians Make a Run at the Division? on
- Cleveland Guardians Hosted “Play Ball” Event at League Park for the City’s Youth on
- Will Benson Makes His Debut With The Cleveland Guardians on
- The University of Akron Zips Unveiled their new Primary and Secondary Logos to create a “UNIFIED BRAND IDENTITY” on
- Top 25 Most Popular Cleveland Indians Players of All-Time on