By Alex Toma
The top-seeded Saint Ignatius Wildcats flied past the third-seeded Brecksville-Broadview Heights Bees in a Division I district semifinal on Wednesday.
In the first quarter, Saint Ignatius made five three’s, as the first quarter ended with the Wildcats up 21-9.
As the second quarter started, the Bees went on a 6-0 run to start, but the Wildcats maintained a comfortable lead heading into halftime, up 36-21.
The Wildcats wore down the Bees in the second half, leading 48-25 at the end of the third.
The benches finished out the game and the Wildcats held onto win 66-41.
The leading scorer for Saint Ignatius was Matt Davet with 18 points.
Brecksville-Broadview Heights ends it season with a record of 16-6.
St. Ignatius will play the winner of the Normandy/St. Edward game in the district final on Saturday night.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football: St. Edward Takes Advantage Of Fumbled Opportunities In 17-0 Win Over St. Ignatius on
- Browns New Coach Kevin Stefanski Allowing a Fan to Script 15 Plays in a Game for Charity on
- HS Football: St. Ignatius Rolls Past Columbus Bishop Sycamore 33-6 In Season Opener on
- Browns Struggle in all Facets of the Game on
- HS Football Preview Week Three: Euclid Travels to Cleveland Heights to Take on the Tigers on