Richard Jefferson will be back in the wine and gold next season.
Jefferson, 37, announced on his “Road Trippin’ with R.J. and Channing” podcast that he will return to the NBA for his 17th season.
On the latest episode, which was released today, Jefferson was joined by the Los Angeles Lakers studio anchor Chris McGee and Fox Sports West reporter and co-host of Team Ninja Warrior Alex Curry.
One topic of discussion on the episode was the possibility of bringing professional athletes from other sports onto the show. That’s when Jefferson transitioned into talking about his own future plans, about 42 minutes into the episode.
“There’s something inside that only baseball players can talk about. There’s stuff that only they can relate too,” Jefferson said.
“The everyday grind… Even as a professional athlete of 17 years and I will be starting my 17th season next year, I am not retiring, I can’t relate to some of the stuff they do and know…”
Back in June, Jefferson mentioned on the podcast that he was still unsure of what his future plans were.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Your Chance To Ask Hulk Hogan A Question! on
- HS Football: Orrville Holds Off A Late Comeback Attempt To Defeat Fairview 35-30 on
- HS Football: Firelands Takes Home Impressing Homecoming Win Over Oberlin 51-0 on
- Top 25 Most Popular Cleveland Indians Players of All-Time on
- Tribe Sweeps White Sox with 5-4 Come from Behind Win on