GOODYEAR, Ariz.– With Major League Baseball Opening Day just a week away on March 29, the Cleveland Indians are still in the midst of cutting members from their spring training roster down to a 25-man roster for the regular season.
On the Cleveland Indians twitter, it was announced that Rajai Davis will make the big league roster. Due to an opt-out clause in his contract, the team had to let Davis know his fate by Thursday.
– Rajai Davis informed he will make 25-man roster for Opening Day
– Greg Allen and Ben Taylor optioned
– Alexi Ogando reassigned
– Gio Urshela will start season on DL, Erik Gonzalez will be on Opening Day roster pic.twitter.com/ecfDh8X98X
— Cleveland Indians (@Indians) March 22, 2018
The team also announced in a press release that Greg Allen and Ben Taylor have been sent to Triple-A Columbus. They have also reassigned Alexi Ogando to minor league camp.
The current Major League camp roster consists of 36 players.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on