1. Another record for LeBron
Tonight, LeBron James has a chance to set the NBA record for consecutive regular season games with 10 or more points. James is currently tied with Michael Jordan at 866 games. Going back to Feb. 7, James has been averaging a triple-double of 30.5 points, 10.5 assists and 10.0 rebounds.
When it comes to all of his achievements, it’s hard for James to rank what this one would mean.
“I don’t know, it’s not like I set out to say that I want to be the No. 1 in scoring 10 points, double digits or consecutive games or whatever and whatnot,” he said after Cavs shootaround on Friday. “But anytime like a statistical category comes up and I’m able to accomplish something like that, I mean it’s pretty incredible.
“I think it’s been like 11 years that I’ve been able to accomplish this feat so I’ve been able to take care of my body, that’s one, and I’ve been around some great teammates and coaches and two organizations that have allowed me to be who I am, so that’s two, and just going out and playing for the joy of the game. So to be able to tie Mike the last game and have an opportunity set the record tonight is a pretty cool achievement.”
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cleveland Browns: 15 Greatest Moments In History on
- LeBron James officially signs contract with Lakers on
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on