CLEVELAND – The Cleveland Monsters have had their up and downs this season. After announcing early Friday of the switch with players called up to NHL Columbus, they got wind of another player from Cleveland that would be missing in Friday’s game lineup.
The American Hockey League announced Friday that Cleveland Monsters defenseman Ryan Stanton has been suspended for two (2) games as a consequence of his actions in a game at Chicago on Feb. 22.
Stanton was suspended under the provisions of AHL Rule 28.1 (supplementary discipline). He will miss Cleveland’s games tonight (Feb. 24) and Saturday (Feb. 25) at Charlotte. Stanton should be back in the lineup on Tuesday against Grand Rapids at Quicken Loans Arena.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on