On Monday, Michael Brantley hit live batting practice for the first time in Spring Training.
Indians reporter for MLB.com Jordan Bastian reported that Brantley had 3 at-bats, 2 being against Josh Tomlin and 1 against Dan Otero.
Michael Brantley had this to say about hitting live batting practice:
“It was good. Another stepping stone. Another progression. It went well.”
Indians manager Terry Francona had this to say about Michael Brantley hitting live batting practice today in the tweet below
Here is the full Terry Francona quote on Brantley, who got through a live-BP session with no issues today: pic.twitter.com/eUFivMBCa7
— Jordan Bastian (@MLBastian) March 6, 2017
Brantley missed most of the 2016 season and is looking to come back for a healthy 2017 season.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on
- High School Playoff Football Preview: Chardon Takes On New Philadelphia in Regional Matchup on
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on