CHICAGO– The longest road trip of the season finally comes to an end, as the Cavaliers topped the Chicago Bulls on Saturday night, 114-109.
The Cavs had a comfortable 17-point lead at halftime, but hot shooting from Chicago’s Denzel Valentine led to the Bulls clawing to within four points at the end of the third quarter. In the fourth quarter, Chicago managed to tie the game with 4:13 remaining on a 3 from Valentine.
LeBron James, however, took the game into his hands at that point to help secure the win, en route to his 15th triple-double of the year with 33 points, 12 rebounds, and 12 assists. For the Cavs, Jeff Green also dropped 21, Jordan Clarkson had 19 and Ante Zizic added 14.
Here are three takeaways from the win.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on