Spring training baseball is set to get underway with pitchers and catchers set to report for the Tribe on Thursday.
The team will open their slate of spring training games on February 28th against the Cincinnati Reds, and it appears that some fans will be able to be in attendance for that and other spring training games for the Indians.
Zack Meisel of The Athletic reported on Wednesday morning that the Tribe has gotten approval to have just under 2,200 fans at Goodyear Ballpark for their spring training affairs.
Capacity at Goodyear Ballpark is 10,311.
There’s been ongoing discussions about allowing fans back into Progressive Field for the 2021 season despite the COVID-19 pandemic still being in play for many.
As Meisel points out, the Tribe is very hopeful that the state will allow a percentage of fans back into Progressive Field, hoping that they can make it happen by the time the home opener is set to take place on Monday, April 5th against the AL Central rival Kansas City Royals.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Mogadore Tops Warren JFK 28-14, Improve to 6-0 on
- Riverside Upsets Chardon 21-7, Ends Chardon’s 31-Game Winning Streak on
- Guardians Continue to Dominate, Closing in on American League Central Title on
- Ohio State vs. Wisconsin – Preview, Takeaways, Predictions on
- Week 1 NEOSI HS Football Player of the Week Results on