The Indians announced a roster move after Friday’s awful injury involving outfielder Tyler Naquin.
The team officially placed Naquin on the 10-day injured list with a right knee injury and torn ACL.
Jake Bauers is back with the Major League club coming up after a stint in AAA Columbus.
Bauers hit .233 with 11 homers and 39 runs batted in for the Indians in 100 games before he was sent down to Columbus on July 31st after the team dealt for Yasiel Puig and Franmil Reyes.
With the Clippers he hit .247 with three homers and 15 runs batted in.
Naquin’s season is over after he slammed into the left field wall Friday in the loss to the Rays.
— Michael Rodgers (@mrodgers79) August 31, 2019
This season Naquin hit .288 with 10 homers and 34 RBI.
He underwent imaging Friday night and the MRI confirmed an ACL tear of the right knee.
He is scheduled for a follow-up examination with team doctors on Monday to try and figure out the course of action as well as surgery.
A time frame for return will be established after surgery and he is out for the remainder of 2019.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns Coach Kevin Stefanski Set to Return for Divisional Game in Kansas City on
- Cavs trade Thomas, Frye and first-round pick to Lakers on
- Indians Decline 2018 Team Option on Relief Pitcher Boone Logan on
- Cavaliers Make Signing of Guard Deron Williams Official on
- Indians Reported to be in Talks for Milwaukee C Jonathan Lucroy on