CLEVELAND – The Indians are back in action after losing two of three rather ugly games on Saturday and Sunday against the Atlanta Braves, as they are home for a short two-game set against the Miami Marlins.
The Marlins enter Progressive Field as the worst team in baseball record wise at 6-16, but with the way the Indians have played thus far in 2019, nothing is for sure.
Tonight Carlos Carrasco is on the mound for the Indians, he’s coming off an outstanding start at Seattle in which he went seven innings, not allowing a run on three hits with 12 strikeouts.
He will go up against righty Pablo Lopez for the Marlins, he enters action with a mark of 1-3 and an ERA of 5.85.
Lifetime the Indians are 202-204 in Interleague play. They are all-time 9-9 against the Marlins in the regular season.
Here’s your Indians starting nine:
Francisco Lindor SS
Leonys Martin CF
Jose Ramirez 3B
Carlos Santana 1B
Carlos Gonzalez DH
Jason Kipnis 2B
Roberto Perez C
Jake Bauers LF
Tyler Naquin RF
And the starting lineup for Miami:
Let's get this road trip goin'.
— Miami Marlins (@Marlins) April 23, 2019
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns Coach Kevin Stefanski Set to Return for Divisional Game in Kansas City on
- Cavs trade Thomas, Frye and first-round pick to Lakers on
- Indians Decline 2018 Team Option on Relief Pitcher Boone Logan on
- Cavaliers Make Signing of Guard Deron Williams Official on
- Indians Reported to be in Talks for Milwaukee C Jonathan Lucroy on