The Indians wrapped up an impressive 7-3 homestand on Sunday with a 5-4 win over the Kansas City Royals at Progressive Field, thanks in part to homers by both Francisco Lindor and Jose Ramriez.
Still three games back of the Twins in the AL Central, the team now heads on the road to take on the Jays in Toronto for three, and then to Kansas City to have (yet another) series with the Royals.
The Tribe is five games over .500 on the road at 25-20, and will send Mike Clevinger to the mound tonight with a mark of 3-2, with an ERA of 3.57.
Clevinger makes his 8th start of 2019, and was dominant the last time out, matching a career best with 12 strikeouts Wednesday in allowing six hits and one run over six innings in a 7-2 victory over Detroit.
Toronto counters with Ryan Borucki, who will make his season debut on the mound Monday evening.
Borucki has been limited to four minor league rehabilitation outings (3.00 ERA over 18 innings at three levels) this season because of elbow inflammation.
The Indians will send the following out as their starting nine:
Here’s the Jays starting Nine:
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on