Indians fans have been waiting quite awhile for the team to take the field in their first game of the spring, and on Saturday they will take the field in Goodyear, AZ against the Cincinnati Reds.
The team has had an offseason that many did not approve of as the club cut payroll and traded a number of players from the last two AL Central title teams.
With that, the first lineup for Saturday’s game looks a LOT different than what the team rolled out to begin the spring from a year ago.
Here’s the one through nine for the Tribe:
1. Allen CF
2. Bauers 1B
3. Ramirez 3B
4. Naquin RF
5. Joyce DH
6. Luplow LF
7. Perez C
8. Flaherty SS
9. Stamets 2B
With a spring full of competition, Saturday is the start for many of these players to start to be able to make an impact on Terry Francona and the front office to earn a place on the big league roster as well as the 2019 starting lineup.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cleveland Browns’ Secondary is Key to Success in 2022 on
- NEO Staff Shares their All-Time Greatest Cleveland Baseball Lineups on
- Deshaun Watson Suspended Six Games on
- Deshaun Watson has Decided he will Accept the Opportunity to be the Quarterback for the Cleveland Browns on
- Will Benson Makes His Debut With The Cleveland Guardians on