Indians manager Terry Francona today have some good news about one of his injured pitchers – that being Danny Salazar.
Paul Hoynes of Cleveland.com reported that Francona said Salazar will be throwing three innings of a simulated game over the weekend.
If things go well, it could lead to the Tribe All-Star starting a game during the World Series.
Having Salazar available can only be. A good thing, as no one knows the status of Trevor Bauer and his finger after he was lifted after 2/3 of an inning during Monday’s game against the Jays.
With the solid start of Ryan Merritt and with Salazar possibly being available, things could finally be on the rise for an Indians pitching staff that has been banged up for most of the last month plus.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on
- High School Playoff Football Preview: Chardon Takes On New Philadelphia in Regional Matchup on
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on