CLEVELAND, Ohio – On Tuesday night, the Cleveland Indians played their second game of four against the Boston Red Sox.
Yesterday night the Indians defeated the Red Sox in the bottom of the ninth inning with a walk-off sac bunt from Roberto Perez.
Heading into tonight’s game the Indians had a 5.5 game lead over the Minnesota Twins for first place in the AL Central with a 69-54 record on the season. The Red Sox lead the New York Yankees by 4.5 games coming into tonight with a 71-53 record.
Following the Indians 9-1 defeat, the team falls to 69-55 on the season. The Red Sox improve to 72-53 on the year.
Here’s our three takeaways from the Indians 9-1 loss.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on