The Cleveland Indians have officially announced that Corey Kluber will start Game 1 of the World Series.
Indians World Series rotation:
Game 1: Kluber
Game 2: Bauer or Tomlin
Game 3: Bauer or Tomlin
Games 4-7: TBD
— Zack Meisel (@ZackMeisel) October 23, 2016
The status of Trevor Bauer’s injured pinky will ultimately determine whether he starts Game 2 or Josh Tomlin gets the nod.
Either way, the team is confident Bauer will start either Game 2 or 3.
Given the uncertainty regarding Bauer, it appears the Indians will just take it one game at a time and adjust accordingly.
There are only seven possible games left in the season and manager Terry Francona has a strong bullpen, led by ALCS MVP Andrew Miller, who may see a significant workload in the World Series.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cavaliers Free Agent Tristian Thompson Heading to Boston; Inks with Celtics for $19 Million for Two Years on
- Cleveland Browns: 15 Greatest Moments In History on
- LeBron James officially signs contract with Lakers on
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on