The Cleveland Indians franchise has been phasing out its classic “Chief Wahoo” logo/symbol for years. This season, the Indians announced that the logo will be much less visible from now on, which caused a strong outcry of opposition from some Tribe fans.
Some fans took it to the extreme. It’s not uncommon to see “Save the Chief” t-shirts at games, but now it has reached the point where fans have started a petition to bring back the controversial cartoon character.
UPDATE: As of April 15th, over 1,800 fans have signed a petition to bring back their favorite symbol.
There is also a community on Facebook with nearly 13,000 members called “Keep Chief Wahoo.”
The controversial logo may not be erased from Cleveland Indians history quietly.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on