CLEVELAND– Jose Calderon will start in place of an injured George Hill Sunday night as the Cavaliers take on the Dallas Mavericks.
Hill sprained his left ankle during the third quarter of Friday night’s 107-102 win over the New Orleans Pelicans. There is currently no timetable for his return as he undergoes treatment and rehabilitation.
Pregame, Cavs interim head coach Larry Drew also said that Larry Nance Jr. will start at center.
In other Cavs injury news, Kyle Korver remains out as he continues to experience right foot soreness. Korver has missed the last six games, primarily due to the death of his younger brother. While he has rejoined the team, the foot soreness continues to keep him out of the lineup.
“I don’t know how bad it is, I was just told that the foot was still a little sore and we just felt just giving him a couple days off, a couple games off may help him,” Drew said. “At this stage of the season we don’t want to take that chance. We would rather him sit out and get him completely healthy.”
The Cavs and Mavs tip off at 6 p.m.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Your Chance To Ask Hulk Hogan A Question! on
- HS Football: Orrville Holds Off A Late Comeback Attempt To Defeat Fairview 35-30 on
- HS Football: Firelands Takes Home Impressing Homecoming Win Over Oberlin 51-0 on
- Top 25 Most Popular Cleveland Indians Players of All-Time on
- Tribe Sweeps White Sox with 5-4 Come from Behind Win on