BEREA, Ohio — The Cleveland Browns signed exclusive rights free agent RB George Atkinson III and restricted free agent DB Marcus Burley.
Atkinson appeared in all 16 games with the Browns last season after joining the team via waivers from the Raiders during final roster cuts. He registered his first career rushing attempts during the 2016 season finale and finished with seven carries for 34 yards with one touchdown. For the season, he added six special-teams tackles and eight kickoff returns for 137 yards. Atkinson was originally signed by the Raiders as an undrafted free agent in 2014 and has appeared in 21 career games.
Burley appeared in 12 games with the Browns last season after joining the team via waivers from the Seahawks during final roster cuts. He totaled five tackles, one pass defensed and two special-teams tackles. Burley was originally signed by Seattle as an undrafted free agent in 2013. He has appeared in 38 career games and totaled 43 tackles, two interceptions, two sacks and eight passes defensed.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cleveland Browns: 15 Greatest Moments In History on
- LeBron James officially signs contract with Lakers on
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on