The Browns announced today that safety Eric Murray underwent successful knee surgery earlier on Friday at University Hospitals. His return to play status will be evaluated on a week-by-week basis.
The team also signed TE Stephen Carlson to the active roster from the practice squad, and placed DT Daniel Ekuale (calf) on injured reserve.
Carlson is a 6-4, 240 pound rookie out of Princeton.
He signed with the Browns as an undrafted free agent in May and has spent the entire season on the club’s practice squad. At Princeton, he recorded 125 receptions for 1,632 yards and 16 touchdowns.
Ekuale has appeared in all seven games and recorded four tackles.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cavaliers Free Agent Tristian Thompson Heading to Boston; Inks with Celtics for $19 Million for Two Years on
- Cleveland Browns: 15 Greatest Moments In History on
- LeBron James officially signs contract with Lakers on
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on