Anything you can do – I can do better.
While that wasn’t exactly the message sent out by Adam Plutko to Columbus Clippers teammate Shane Beiber, it very easily could have looked that way following Plutko’s outing for the Clippers on Saturday evening against the Syracuse Chiefs at NBT Bank Stadium.
Plutko, who along with Bieber have had some time with the Indians at the Major League level in 2018, was the latest Clipper to fire a no-hitter, as he struck out eight in a Columbus 6-0 win.
Adam Plutko finishes off the no-no!!!!!
— Columbus Clippers (@CLBClippers) June 3, 2018
What makes the feat even more historic is it comes just eight days after Beiber threw a shortened no-hitter for the Clippers against Gwinnett.
Plutko Saturday was unhittable, he struck out eight Syracuse batters and had a perfect game going in the 9th when a one-out walk ruined it.
He did recover just fine to get the final two outs to wrap up the no-no.
In his time with the Indians thus far in 2018, Plutko has three starts, going 3-0 with 3.93 ERA. In 18.1 innings with the Tribe, he’s allowed eight runs on 14 hits.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football: St. Edward Takes Advantage Of Fumbled Opportunities In 17-0 Win Over St. Ignatius on
- Browns New Coach Kevin Stefanski Allowing a Fan to Script 15 Plays in a Game for Charity on
- HS Football: St. Ignatius Rolls Past Columbus Bishop Sycamore 33-6 In Season Opener on
- Browns Struggle in all Facets of the Game on
- HS Football Preview Week Three: Euclid Travels to Cleveland Heights to Take on the Tigers on