The Westlake Demon football season mercifully came to a close Friday night at UH St. John Stadium with a 55-7 defeat to the Amherst Comets.
The Comets scored the first 3 TD’s of the game and added 2 field goals in the first half to take a 24-7 lead into the locker room. The lone Demon score of the game was a 1 yard run by JJ Coleman.
It was all Comets in the second half as the Demons could just not stop their all star running back Khennedy Scagliozzo who ended the night with 5 TD’s on runs of 17, 33, 23, 41, and 54. The normally potent Demon offense was held in check as they only gained 138 net yards.
The Comet defense only allowed 1000 yard rusher Coleman 27 yards while Jacob May went 11/18 for 98 yards. Dylan Bednar and Jacob Jablonski each had 5 catches for 40 and 37 yard respectively. Connor Gregory led the defense with 8 tackles including a sack with Nolan Westfall chipping in 6 tackles. Tim Gerent also had a sack.
The Demons finish the season 1-9 overall and 1-8 in the SWC while the Comets close out the year at 6-4.
Story VIA Westlake VNN
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on