The NFL Draft is getting closer by the day, and with teams making a number of moves in free agency, the needs and wants of teams have changed since our last Mock back on February 15th.
With the draft about five weeks away this is how we feel it’s going to play out with all 32 picks in the first round.
Click HERE to see our first mock published back on February 15th.
1.) Cleveland Browns- Myles Garrett DE Texas A&M
This should be an easy decision for the Browns to make. Garrett tore the roof off the Combine with Jadaveon Clowney like freak numbers. He lived up to the pre-Combine hype of being the best player in the draft and the Browns still have a big need for pass rushers.
2.) San Francisco 49ers- Solomon Thomas DE Stanford
I’m a big fan of Solomon Thomas. If you need to watch any game of his watch the bowl game against North Carolina. I watched it to see Mitch Trubisky and all I ended up watching was Thomas destroy the entire offensive line. The 49ers are moving back to a 4-3 defense where Thomas is a fit on the outside for early downs and can move inside for pass rushing 3rd down situations. The battle between Garrett and Thomas reminds me of Clowney versus Mack and I can see either being among the most disruptive pass rushers in the NFL in 2-3 years.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on
- High School Playoff Football Preview: Chardon Takes On New Philadelphia in Regional Matchup on
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on