CLEVELAND – One of the hottest teams in the NBA took aim at a shorthanded lineup on Sunday evening.
The Lakers won for the seventh time in their last nine games with a 127-113 victory over the Cavaliers at Staples Center on national television. Cleveland entered play with a seven-game winning streak in the all-time matchup, but head coach Luke Walton and company had other plans.
LeBron James was his normal self with 24 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists, while Ante Zizic posted a career-high 15 points in the losing effort. Jeff Green, JR Smith and Jordan Clarkson combined to shoot 4-of-23 (17.4 percent) amidst a grueling, six-game road trip.
Here are three takeaways from another head-scratching defeat in LA…
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on
- High School Playoff Football Preview: Chardon Takes On New Philadelphia in Regional Matchup on
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on