By Matt Loede
The ongoing feud between former Steelers running back now ESPN broadcaster Merril Hoge and Browns QB Johnny Manziel has been gaining steam since Friday when Manziel called out Hoge for his neckties in Berea.
This came on the heels of Hoge saying that Manziel should be “cut immediately” by the Browns after Manziel’s tough outing in the season opening loss to the Jets last Sunday.
The two made a ‘friendly’ wager, and today Hoge had to pay up, wearing an orange necktie on television.
Today, following the Browns 28-14 win over the Titans, Hoge paid up, and in the process gave kudos to the Browns QB.
So for now it seems the ‘feud’ between the two is over. That is until Manziel has a bad outing or Hoge just decides again he doesn’t like the QB.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns Coach Kevin Stefanski Set to Return for Divisional Game in Kansas City on
- Cavs trade Thomas, Frye and first-round pick to Lakers on
- Indians Decline 2018 Team Option on Relief Pitcher Boone Logan on
- Cavaliers Make Signing of Guard Deron Williams Official on
- Indians Reported to be in Talks for Milwaukee C Jonathan Lucroy on