The T- Mobile Center from Las Vegas will host one of the most highly anticipated boxing bouts in a very long time when Sergey Kovalev against Andre Ward tonight for the Sergey Kovalev against Andre Ward.
Both fighters come in never once tasting defeat in their pro careers. Both men have 30 wins each with zero losses. It is the classic boxer for puncher matchup. Ward was the 2004 Olympic gold medalist and hasn’t lost since before he was a teen. Every bit as impressive is that he has an 83.9 percent knockout rate as a pro. Ward is not to be messed with.
Sergey Kovalev may be an unknown to some, but is very much the real deal in boxing. At 30-0, he has had his share of wars in the ring, but is also no stranger to the drama of a big name opponent. He holds victories over such men as Jean Pascal, Bernard Hopkins and Nathan Cleverly.
Kovalev is also widely regarded as the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world and can further cement that claim with a convincing win over Ward.
The bout is for the WBA, IBF and WBO titles currently held by Kovalev.
My official prediction is that Sergey Kovalev holds onto the titles tonight with a decision victory.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on